Saturday, July 13, 2019

Unity in Power and Strength

I do not know from experience but from observance, parenting is hard. Some day I will have the opportunity to be blessed with children of my own. For now, I am going off what I have read and witnessed throughout my life. I have seen many examples of bad parenting and some of great parenting. What I find difficult about parenting is how many ways there are to do it. Hopefully, you and your partner talk about this before children come. It is important that both partners are on the same page. Richard Miller said, “It is vital that parents support each other in the presence of their children.” When I talked to my mom recently about my grandparents, she had nothing but great things to say. She expressed that her parents never argued in front of their children and always discussed everything together before making any decisions. It is important for children to know that their parents love and support the other.
When parents support the other, they can become one and not two separate people. Elder Eyring talks about how couples and parents can become one through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This is possible by first taking Christ’s name upon us, then to always remember him, and lastly to partake of the sacrament and keep the commandments. Elder Eyring also said that, “A unity which comes to a family or to a people softened by the Spirit will bring great power.” With a world full of temptations that is constantly trying to tear apart families, we need all the power we can get. Another way to gain power and unity in a family is through family counsel. This is a time to come together and talk about any problems so that they are made more aware. When each member of the family knows what is going on, they will be able to better support, pray for, and help one another. As I have mentioned it is just me and my husband, however, I enjoy sitting down and talking with him about any struggles, trails, and concerns I may have. By taking time to address issues together we can become further unified and have more power in our own little family. Support, unity, and power are all essential in a family unit if we want it to thrive. No spouse, parent, or family is perfect but each attempt to make it so will bring numerous blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment